Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14 - dfree® Devotions for Financial Freedom

Verse
Now then, please swear to me by the Lord that you will show kindness to my family, because I have shown kindness to you. Give me a sure sign that you will spare the lives of my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all who belong to them - and that you will save us from death. Joshua 2:12&13 NIV

Thought
Who would imagine that a prostitute could change history? That is exactly what Rahab did. She hid the spies that Joshua had sent into Jericho and the success of their mission paved the way for Joshua and his people to take control of the city.

But Rahab did more than make an important contribution to this historic battle. She ignored her primary vocation and used her innate skills to negotiate a deal that provided a life long solution for her entire family. Despite her having a less than honorable occupation, Rahab had enough self confidence and was self assured enough to realize that she had something of value that could be exchanged for something of value.

Everyone possesses something of value that can be exchanged for something of value. Whether it is a skill that can be sold to an employer or a service that can be sold to a business, everyone has something that someone is willing to pay them to do. For Rahab her compensation required that she quickly learn how to charge a fee for services that were not her core business. For us it involves taking a careful look at ourselves, thinking outside of the box and figuring out what we know how to do and who will pay us to do it.

If we do half as well as Rahab, we will do quite well for ourselves and our families.

Prayer
"God, give me what Rahab had and show me what I have that can become the solution for myself and my family. Amen"

No comments: