Friday, July 19, 2013

Day #19 - Are Your Goals Big Enough?

I have achieved all of my July goals during the first 18 days of the month. What a blessing! And what a surprise! I had some pretty big goals in some very critical areas of my life. But I didn’t do it alone. Not only did I have you and many others “walking” with me, I also had help from a great team of people that assist me with my life and work.

The feedback that I have received from so many people that are walking together this month has been such an encouragement that I have literally felt the love, appreciation and support. It is true that “two are better than one.” It is much easier when we know that we are not walking alone. More on that subject later.

The completion of our goals and our time charts has been the focus for the past few days. I hope we have all taken those tasks very seriously. I also hope you were able to identify and list your priorities.

My personal priority is to help people with their financial lives. But as I have previously stated it is important to approach one part of our lives by addressing our entire lives. People who are sloppy handling their money are usually sloppy in other areas of their lives also.  Gaining control over our lives is the prerequisite for gaining control of our finances. The rest of this journey will assume that we all have some concrete goals in the five key areas of our lives. Take the time to do that if you have not already. And if you have, please review your goals and be certain that they are big enough to meet your needs.

There are twelve days left in July after today. While there is no magic attached to July 31, it is important to set goals, create deadlines and celebrate small victories. This one-month exercise is a step into a future of creating long-term plans. But we have to begin somewhere.

So what do we do if we find ourselves achieving our goals ahead of schedule? First, we celebrate! Thank God for the strength and the victory! Next, we must assess our goals and make sure they were big enough. It doesn’t help to set goals that are too small. But in any case it is time to set new goals. I may rest for a day. And I did rest for a few hours. But there is still more to do.

We will spend the rest of the month considering some of the necessary ingredients needed for success. Get ready.


No comments: