Friday, January 17, 2014

January 17 - dfree® Devotions for Financial Freedom

Verse
"See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says." Exodus 23:20&21 (NIV)

Thought
I often wonder what Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James would have done had they not played basketball. Their physical make up and their athletic accomplishments make it overwhelmingly obvious that these men were made for basketball. Some children are so good in math that they don't even need to do homework. They have a knack for computation and their minds seem to grasp mathematical concepts before they are even taught. Its as if they were made for math. And some people fall in love the minute they meet as if they were made for each other. We all have the power to make decisions about our lives but while we are making our decisions we also remember that we did not make ourselves and that God made us with a place in life already prepared for us.

And God also places people in our lives that have been assigned to guide us to our place. It may be a leader, it may be a coach, it may be a relative, it may be a stranger, it may be a doctor, it may be a teacher, it may be a salesperson at a store, or it may be a friend. But whoever it is, we should find that person that God is going to use to help us find our way to the place that God has prepared and listen to that person.

I am where I am and doing what I do the way I do it because of my angel. He was a professor, a mentor, a teacher and a friend. I listened to him when he guided me to a place that I did not want to be. But because I listened, my life has exceeded all of my expectations and most of my dreams. Israel could not travel through the wilderness alone - they needed a guide. We cannot travel through the wilderness alone either. Find your angel and listen to his or her advice and reach your Promised Land.


Prayer
"God, show me my angel and help me become a better listener. Amen."

No comments: