Saturday, September 14, 2013

"Pastor's Corner Live" Every Sunday Night at 8pm EDT

My first church had about 22 members - on Easter! After church, we could all go downstairs in the church, eat some chicken together and discuss my sermon or some other matter that was interesting to all of us. Now that I serve a much larger church and have much more responsibility, it feels a bit weird. It miss the interaction with regular people.

One of my young church members introduced me to a technology that can help me relieve some of this frustration. It's called "Spreecast" and it allows us to be connected via our computers and have live chats together online. And there is no limit to how many of us can connect!

During these chats not everyone is able to see everyone else. (So you don't have to worry about how you look - or don't look). But everyone can join the chat and make comments or ask questions. And a few people who desire to do so are able to be on camera and be seen by everyone else. It really is quite exciting.

After a few of these live web chats, my staff and I have decided that we are going to to host the "Pastor's Corner Live" every Sunday night on Spreecast.com for the rest of this year. I am inviting you and your family and friends to be a part of this ministry. If you have a computer with a web camera, that is all you need to participate. Here is what I am asking you to do:

1. Pray for me and the FBCLG staff as we plan and prepare these chats.Ask God to use this outreach to strengthen people of faith and to answer questions for people whose faith may be waning.
2. Click the link below and subscribe to our "Spreecast" channel (free). This will allow you to enter our chats with one click in the future.
3. Set an alarm to remind you to join the Sunday night chat with us.
4. Send your friends, family members and co-workers invitations to be a part of our Sunday night experience.

Thanks. I will see you Sunday at 8pm.